The biggest news is that we've started converting films from the National Archives related to the IX Engineer Command. So far we've done two directly related to the Command and another showing French POWs and deportees returning to Le Bourget Airfield (A-54). The current list is:
- Co C, 818th EAB at Cologne showing airfield construction
- A short documentary on the 923rd EAR and the US Army Negro Chorus
- French deportees returning to Paris
I'll soon be placing another order to have two more converted; one on the 818th EAB at Villacoublay (A-42) and another showing IX EC units on D-Day. I haven't seen the second but I'm hoping it will show the 819th and 834th EABs.
I haven't finished the page
yet for these but I will soon have a list of all the films I have located to date at the Archives. I will also be making copies available for sale here on the site as a way to raise funds to convert more of the films. "Sponsorships" will also be available. By this, in return for an individual making a donation to cover the costs of convering a film, they will will receive
- one non-copyrighted copy of the film in the format of their choice (DVD, VHS or VideoCD) for personal use
- the chance to have a personal dedication added to all future copies of the video used
- a mention on the website and within the film itself as a video sponsor
The only cost will be a small handling fee to cover the cost of the media and shipping.
Paul Tremblay has become the first video sponsor but signing on for the 818th EAB videos.
If you are interested in obtaining copies of these films or perhaps sponsoring one of the conversions then please let me know (email@example.com
I'll keep everyone posted as we add new films.