How to Help
How to Help
IX Engineer Command Resources
- Airfield Research Group - Airfield Research Group records history, architecture and use of United Kingdom civil and military airfields.
- Bases of the 8th and 9th USAAF in the UK - Includes over 900 locations all other UK counties and regions, as well as RAF, RAAF, RCAF, RN, USN and other units
- Ghostfields - Wartime Airfield's Near Harlow Essex - Information about USAAF Matching (built by the 834th EAB), RAF Hunsdon and RAF Sawbridgeworth. The site is image intensive so a little slow to load.
- Giebelstadt Army Airfield - The runway was extended in 1947 by the 850th Engineer Aviation Battalion
- Harrington Airfield - Station 179 - Harrington Aviation Museum Website (Harrington, Northamptonshire). Built by the 826th and 852nd Engineer Battalions.
- Helton's Hellcats-Debach Airfield - Information about Debach Airfield ( built by 820th EAB )and 493rd BG
- History of Fliegerhorst Sandhofen (Y-79) - History of Fliegerhorst Sandhofen (Y-79)
- History of Landsberg Air Base - History of Landsberg Air Base (R-78)
- Luftfahrt-Eisenach in Germany - former name: Airfield Wenigenlupnitz (R-1). The site is in German but has good shots of the airfield today.
- Nuthampstead Airfield - Nuthampstead Airfield was built by the 830th and 814th EABs and was used by the 55th Fighter Group, the 398th Bomber Group and, at times, the 20th Fighter Group.
- UK Control Tower & Airfield Photographs of WW2 - Wartime Airfields of Great Britain
- Wartime Airfields Near Harlow Essex - Wartime airfields in west essex and east hertfordshire
- WW2 American Bases in Essex - WW2 American Bases in Essex
|61/1614||IX Engineer Command||Links|